New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
Philippine Standard Time
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

 

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

 


PORNOGRAPHY

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PORNOGRAPHY

Post by korrill on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:38 pm

fredms3 wrote:Character? What you read are all facts and not based as you alleged on character. That's the picture of how porno materials in Japan push them to such a deplorable immoralities.

Porno business and prostitution (both legal) works hand in hand -- how would porno business thrives in Japan without there 'zone sex' where one can just go in there and fornicate freely.

Now, what you're saying is that porno materials is not the root of sex crimes and the likes in Japan ----- Exactly, will i still commit such crimes if i can have all of these at my disposal freely and without fear of being encarcerated? That's absurdity.

First fallacy in your post is projecting your morality upon another. Japan does not share the same moral codes as you do. Basically, you are condemning them for not believing as you do.

Second fallacy is the use of an assumption. You present a link between pornography and prostitution when there is none. You are using an assumption as if it were fact and endorsing it as the reason when it is not.

Third fallacy is misrepresentation. Prostitution is not as rampant in Japan as you imply and the main-stream japanese sex industry is not what you think. As one writer described Japan's sex industry:

In Japan, the "sex industry" is not synonymous with prostitution. Since Japanese law defines prostitution as "intercourse with an unspecified person in exchange for payment," most sex clubs only offer non-coital services to remain legal. This has led Joan Sinclair, the author of Pink Box, to observe that the sex industry in Japan ironically "offer[s] absolutely everything imaginable but sex."

In summary, your attack has been directed towards character rather than on the argument. So let me refresh your memory on the issues you should be addressing:

* The main argument is that pornography leads one to sexual deviance.

* Japan, which produces virtually every kind of pornographic literature, has a very low rate of sex related offenses. The same trend is seen in other countries where access to pornography is less restricted.

* Crime statistics from countries such as Denmark and Germany show a massive drop in sex related offenses with the loosening of restrictions to access / censorship on pornographic materials.

* The criminal profiler of the Michigan State Police department has gone on record to say that he can show a stronger correlation between alcohol and sex assault than for pornography and sex assault.

* An academic study on the effects of pornography on the way men view women actually found that patrons of porn theaters have more favorable attitudes towards women than the other test subjects.

If indeed pornography leads to sexual deviance, why do all these data show the exact opposite?
avatar
korrill
.
.

Posts : 101
Join date : 2010-07-22
Age : 39
Location : Cavite, Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PORNOGRAPHY

Post by fredms3 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:04 am

Well, not sharing with the way i see morality doesnt't make it fallacy. Morality can never be based on how a person looks at it but how it is based on absoluteness.

Assumption? Then read it very well. You're the one reading it according to your assumption. But your assumption doesn't disprove the research how prostitution is very well manifested with porno.

Prostitution not rampant in Japan? Really? Have you been in Japan my friend for you to tell that?

In summary:

The research will speak for itself and not how the assumption into it. Porno and Prostitution works hand in hand and that make a very big business. And see how Japan gov't refused to criminalize porno in the name of 'business' ---- that is a fact and not an assumption as alleged.

Now, why sex crimes and rapes are less ---- well, Japan has its 'zone sex' to silence absurdity...

So much for Japan. Let the data speaks for itself. Next will be Germany if my interest warrants.

fredms3
.
.

Posts : 982
Join date : 2010-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PORNOGRAPHY

Post by korrill on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:26 am

fredms3 wrote:Well, not sharing with the way i see morality doesnt't make it fallacy. Morality can never be based on how a person looks at it but how it is based on absoluteness.

Well, there you have a problem: moral codes are not universal.

So judging a nation based on your morality is nothing short of a fallacy.

fredms3 wrote:Assumption? Then read it very well. You're the one reading it according to your assumption. But your assumption doesn't disprove the research how prostitution is very well manifested with porno.

What research would that be? Basically, you haven't presented any which would show a direct link between prostitution and pornography or even any that would suggest one being dependent on the other, as you implied.

fredms3 wrote: Prostitution not rampant in Japan? Really? Have you been in Japan my friend for you to tell that?

No. Have you?

I may have not been there, but there are people who have. In certain instances, those people did studies with regards to the issue at hand.

I have presented what they found. And it's not what you say it is.

fredms3 wrote: In summary:

The research will speak for itself and not how the assumption into it. Porno and Prostitution works hand in hand and that make a very big business. And see how Japan gov't refused to criminalize porno in the name of 'business' ---- that is a fact and not an assumption as alleged.

Never said this was an assumption. The assumption was in your statement that a link between pornography and prostitution exists.

This is a case of you projecting your morality upon another. The Japanese don't subscribe to the same codes you do. To the Japanese, sex is not taboo.

They refused based on their guidelines and you are judging them based on your own.

fredms3 wrote:Now, why sex crimes and rapes are less ---- well, Japan has its 'zone sex' to silence absurdity...

Now you're sounding like a conspiracy theorist. Substantiate that such is indeed the case.

fredms3 wrote:So much for Japan. Let the data speaks for itself. Next will be Germany if my interest warrants.

Let us, indeed. For all the porn that Japan produces, watches and reads, it has one of the lowest rates of sex related offenses.

I'll wait for your data on Germany. If you can find one.
avatar
korrill
.
.

Posts : 101
Join date : 2010-07-22
Age : 39
Location : Cavite, Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PORNOGRAPHY

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum