» Survivor...
Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

Condolences

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Condolences

Post by Ateo on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:34 am

Today, 25 Aug2010, has been declared by PNoy as the day of mourning, thus my condolences. I am not very sure though whom to condole with. I would like to condole with the families of HongKong tourists who were killed in Rizal Park yesterday. But they are not accepting my condolences. The families and the entire Chinese nation is in angry mood -- blacklisted the country thus far, held rallies against the Philippines and made diplomatic protests. I don't know what other things the big dragon in Beijing would also do. I would like to condole with the Filipino nation, but the Filipino life that we lost was the criminal hostage taker himself. While I condole with his loved ones, I am not really sure if I am in a sympathetic mood with their dead relative who started all these.

Perhaps, I would like to mourn for our country instead. Even crisis-stricken Pakistan, a country too poor to send tourists to Manila, decided to issue a travel alert against the Philippines. And Nepal too, that poor country whose GNP/capita is arguably lower than the fare to Manila, also blacklisted us. I fear what's next. (p.s. there is a plane crash in Nepal right now and a continuing flood crisis in Pakistan. The Philippines should likewise issue a travel alert against these two countries.)

It is as if our malas persisted, our Ms. Universe contestant fared rather badly. She managed to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory, to rearrange a well-known saying. Venus Raj was an internet sensation well into the start of the pageant. Even her name is interesting. "Venus", of course, is a goddess of famed beauty; and Raj (the same root word as "Rajah" in Rajah Soliman) means "rule, realm or dominion". Had she won, her beauty would have ruled the Universe. That she landed in the final 5 was not a surprise at all as she was also the favorite in the pageant hall. That is victory enough because the Philippines has never been in the finals since Miriam Quiambao Defensor Santiago Smile. Then the Q&A came, and this is where she tried hard to lose the crown that was already expected to be hers. Her question was the easiest because it is the least controversial and political (ie., wala kang masagasaan): What is the one big mistake that you've made in your life, and what did you do to make it right?" Standard question. It is asked in job interviews, in dates, in faith revival meetings,etc. Everybody makes mistakes and we take pride in telling everyone how we recovered from that mistake. Everybody except Venus Raj. In an answer that is now billed as the dumbest answer in pageant history, she answered that she has not done any mistake. (Reminds me of JI, who never made any sin.) While the audience was shocked and the judges confused with their favorite, she glowingly smiled onstage after having asserted that she has never made a mistake in her life. (One blogger quickly posted that that answer must be her first BIG mistake.) When everybody recovered from the dismay, Venus found herself at the bottom of the finals heap. Being in the finals was already victory enough and would have registered greatly in Manila but because of that embarassing answer, I don't think she'll get her ticker paraade in Makati.

p.s.: If you are asked that question in a job interview, the best answer is to say that you had a conflict with a former office mate and that you eventually patched it up and you ended up as good friends. If asked that question in a date, change the answer to a fight with your sister. In a Christian revival meeting, say you had a fight with your mother. In all cases, they are likely to be true and are indeed realistic answer that everybody can relate too and feels good about.

So, two big disappointments continue to hog the headlines here in the U.S of A, folks. These hot news wiped out from the headlines that torturing police chief, who was already so yesterday I already forgot his name. Here's not looking forward to what tomorrow's headlines will bring. Good night.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Condolences

Post by element_115x on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Indeed... a succession of sad, unfortunate events on our country... a major major...

Last edited by element_115x on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
element_115x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:29 pm

May the comfort of God help them during this difficult time.
Yidda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Unlike Junny, I am not rabidly anti Noynoy, but where was he during the crisis? As president, he is not expected to be the negotiator. But he should be on the telephone assuring his political counterparts in China that everything is under control and that lives of the Chinese tourists are the most important consideration.

It turned out that lives were wasted and the repercussion continues. There are rallies in Hong Kong and the Chinese are very angry. There is fear that it would result to some random violence both domestic and in the street against our poor kababayans in HK.

I think the president should show a little more of the leadership brillliance he always had while senator and business leader before becoming president (excuse my sarcasm, I am a little pissed off).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by element_115x on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:59 pm

I'm more pissed-off on how slow the justice system is in this country... perhaps things wouldn't have escalated to this if the hostage taker's concern was taken cared off months before. Still, the whole event just showed to the whole world how messed up our country is. Right now i'm wondering how things could've have transpired if Gordon won the Presidency.

I can already see how the country would fare if a major earthquake, or another Ondoy type flash flood happens again, even if they keep saying "we are prepared for this..."
element_115x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:14 am

With full-scale Chinese anger facing us, I think there is some positive developments in our country and our culture. The media is questioning its own role and culpability. The police has become more honest -- difficult for them to do but they are a tiny bit more open now about their mistakes. The government is confronted with the fact that the political honeymoon is over and real leadership should now begin. The entire nation is wondering if we can be better in situations like this. We will also be more respectful of foreigners I guess.

The only good thing that would come out of this bad situation is if we will become a better nation.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:15 am

The comedy/tragedy of errors continue.

As you can expect, the chief negotiator, Manila Police District Chief Magtibay has been relieved of duty (he went on leave is the official version). To replace him an OIC was selected in the person of Sr Supt Franciso Villaroman. However, below link reports that Villaroman has a pending case. But the PNP Spokesman insisted that it is okay kasi OIC lang naman eh. Oo naman.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20100827-289069/Acting-MPD-chief-facing-raps-over-abduction-of-HK-residents

It turned out ang kaso pala ni Villaroman ay kidnapping. And take note of this: kidnapping of two HK nationals.

Ooops! Medyo malabo ata, lalo na na galit na galit pa ang HK sa ngayon. So, what now?

Well, another news item...

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/metro/view/20100827-289096/New-Manila-police-chief-relieved

It says that less than a day after being appointed, Villaroman was replaced as acting MPD chief. Ang gulo talaga, kuya. Mukhang mali na naman yung PNP spokesman.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BibleBot on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:15 pm

noong may 1998 unang takbo nya sa pagka kongresista ay kasabay nun nagkaroon ng hostage krisis sa ninoy aquino freedom park sa tarlac at usual dahil eleksyon ay nagpakabayani si A B N O Y na makipagnegosasyon sa hostage at naging successful naman ang nangyari

naging big impact yun kaya nanalo siya sa kongreso

unlike ngayon dahil tapos na ang eleksyon kung kaya todo tago na yang si A B N O Y siguro pag eleksyon nangyari ang sitwasyon na iyan malamang mag didisplay dyan si A B N O Y

pagkumpara natin ang hostage krisis nung 1998 sa tarlac at hostage ngayon

1998 = sumulpot si A B N O Y at nakipagnegosasyon dahil big brake nya iyon dahil kampanyahan iyon

2010 = hindi sumulpot kasi tapos na election no need na para magpakita ng public atensyon o magpakabayani
BibleBot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BibleBot on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Ateo wrote:The comedy/tragedy of errors continue.

As you can expect, the chief negotiator, Manila Police District Chief Magtibay has been relieved of duty (he went on leave is the official version). To replace him an OIC was selected in the person of Sr Supt Franciso Villaroman. However, below link reports that Villaroman has a pending case. But the PNP Spokesman insisted that it is okay kasi OIC lang naman eh. Oo naman.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20100827-289069/Acting-MPD-chief-facing-raps-over-abduction-of-HK-residents

It turned out ang kaso pala ni Villaroman ay kidnapping. And take note of this: kidnapping of two HK nationals.

Ooops! Medyo malabo ata, lalo na na galit na galit pa ang HK sa ngayon. So, what now?

Well, another news item...

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/metro/view/20100827-289096/New-Manila-police-chief-relieved

It says that less than a day after being appointed, Villaroman was replaced as acting MPD chief. Ang gulo talaga, kuya. Mukhang mali na naman yung PNP spokesman.

hindi iyan kaila sa takbo ng utak ng may sapak na si A B N O Y biruin mo muling magtalaga ng isang tao na kwestyonable ang kredebilidad sa katauhan ni Villaroman

sabagay nakaka 2 na siya dahil isa sa mga naiappoint nya na kwestyonable din ang kredebilidad ay si Davide
BibleBot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dhugz on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:37 pm

Botbot di namn BSAB-Normal si Presisdent eh, ikaw ba?
Dhugz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miss_terry on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Bumaba daw ang trust ratings ni PNoy ah.
miss_terry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RavlaM on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Para sa mga intsik[size=12]

You hate the Filipino people for the hostage fiasco that unfortunate
incident that went out of control at the end. This was a hostage situation
that was under control and which netted 7 Chinese tourists to be released
upon the efforts of our policemen.

You appear and sound sanctimonious and have even stepped upon our
sovereignty. You have demanded apology, the moon and the heavens. You hate
the Filipino people as if we wanted this unfortunate incident to happen.
First and foremost, we offer our condolences to the families of the 8 that
were killed in this incident. Secondly, we are sorry for the bungled
handling of this hostage taking. It was unfortunate, it was an accident,
we never planned it that way. Is it fair to blame a whole nation for a
situation that was never planned?

Let me ask you this question, "Should we hate you also for the lead
poisoning caused by the paint you used in your baby furniture and toys for
the children of the world, Should we hate you also for the use of
cardboard in the "siopao" that you sell to tourists? Should we hate you
also for the melamine contamination wherein not 8, but hundreds, maybe
even thousands have suffered and some even died?

Or, let us talk of Filipino casualties. A few years ago, 3 Filipino
tourists, all surnamed Madrigal, a family of 5 were walking on Tienemen
Square and Beijing . One Chinese stabbed the father and two of his
children, killing all three. Were you even sorry for what this one Chinese
did? Did the Filipino people even demand that China apologize for this
unfortunate incident. This was PRE-MEDITATED MURDER.

Just as the use of lead, cardboard, melamine was pre-meditated - used
because they were cheaper materials, in order to generate PROFITS for the
Chinese businessman. Did you pay damages the same way you are demanding
damages from the Filipino nation and people?

Where was the anger of the Chinese and Hongkong people? Did you even
apologize to the world? My God in the case of melanine, you even kept this
information from the world, until you were exposed for what you are!!!

Enough! We symphatize but don't blame the Filipino people.

So you want to send our OFWs home, that take care of your children? They
play an important part in your lives. Both spouses are able to work, earn
money because of the tender loving care being heaped on your children by
Filipino maids and yayas/amahs. While you pay our OFWs for the work they
do, you earn more for the love and care they bestow on your children. Go
ahead, send our OFWs home. Let us see how that will affect your family
incomes.

Enough!

var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_INFINITE_LOOP_COUNT = 300; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_MAX_HIGHLIGHTS = 50; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOP_ID = "leoHighlights_top_iframe"; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_ID = "leoHighlights_bottom_iframe"; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_DIV_ID = "leoHighlights_iframe_modal_div_container"; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOTAL_COLLAPSED_WIDTH = 520; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOTAL_COLLAPSED_HEIGHT = 391; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOTAL_EXPANDED_WIDTH = 520; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOTAL_EXPANDED_HEIGHT = 665; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOP_POS_X = 0; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOP_POS_Y = 0; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOP_WIDTH = 520; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOP_HEIGHT = 294; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_POS_X = 96; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_POS_Y = 294; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_COLLAPSED_WIDTH = 425; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_COLLAPSED_HEIGHT = 97; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_EXPANDED_WIDTH = 425; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_EXPANDED_HEIGHT = 371; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_SHOW_DELAY_MS = 300; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_HIDE_DELAY_MS = 750; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_SHOW_DELAY_NO_UNDER_MS = 850; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_BACKGROUND_STYLE_DEFAULT = "transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%"; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_BACKGROUND_STYLE_HOVER = "rgb(245, 245, 0) none repeat scroll 0% 0%"; var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_ROVER_TAG = "711-36858-13496-14"; createInlineScriptElement("var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DEBUG = false;
var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DEBUG_POS = false;

var _leoHighlightsPrevElem = null;
var _leoHighlightsSnoozed = false;

/**
* Checks if the passed in class exists
* @param c
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsClassExists(c) {
return typeof(c) == "function" && typeof(c.prototype) == "object" ? true : false;
}

/**
* Checks if the firebug console is available
* @param c
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsFirebugConsoleAvailable(c) {
try
{
if(_leoHighlightsClassExists(_FirebugConsole) &&
window.console && console.log &&
(console instanceof _FirebugConsole))
{
return true;
}
}
catch(e){}

return false;
}

/**
* General method used to debug exceptions
* @param location
* @param e
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsReportExeception(location,e)
{
try
{
if(_leoHighlightsFirebugConsoleAvailable() ||LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DEBUG)
{
var logString=location+": "+e+"nt"+e.name+"nt"+
(e.number&0xFFFF)+"nt"+e.description;
if(_leoHighlightsFirebugConsoleAvailable())
{
console.error(logString);
console.trace();
}
}

if(LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DEBUG)
alert(logString);
}
catch(e){}
}

/**
* This will log a string to the firebug console
* @param str
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsDebugLog(str)
{
try
{
if(_leoHighlightsFirebugConsoleAvailable())
{
console.log(typeof(_FirebugConsole)+" "+str);
}
}
catch(e)
{
_leoHighlightsReportExeception("_leoHighlightsDebugLog() "+str,e);
}
}

/**
* This will get an attribute and decode it.
* @param elem
* @param id
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsGetAttrib(elem,id)
{
try
{
var val=elem.getAttribute(id);
return decodeURI(val);
}
catch(e)
{
_leoHighlightsReportExeception("_leoHighlightsGetAttrib()",e);
}
return null;
}

/**
* Checks if this is within a frame by checking for a parent.
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsIsFrame()
{
try
{
return (window!=top)
}
catch(e)
{
_leoHighlightsReportExeception("_leoHighlightsIsFrame()",e);
}

return false;
}

/**
* This is a dimensions object
* @param width
* @param height
* @return
*/
function LeoHighlightsDimension(width,height)
{
try
{
this.width=width;
this.height=height;
this.toString=function() { return ("("+this.width+","+this.height+")");};
}
catch(e)
{
_leoHighlightsReportExeception("new LeoHighlightsDimension()",e);
}
}

/**
* This is a Position object
* @param x
* @param y
* @return
*/
function LeoHighlightsPosition(x,y)
{
try
{
this.x=x;
this.y=y;
this.toString=function() { return ("("+this.x+","+this.y+")");};
}
catch(e)
{
_leoHighlightsReportExeception("new LeoHighlightsPosition()",e);
}
}

var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_ADJUSTMENT = new LeoHighlightsPosition(3,3);
var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOP_SIZE = new LeoHighlightsDimension(LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOP_WIDTH,LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOP_HEIGHT);
var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_HOVER_SIZE = new LeoHighlightsDimension(LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_COLLAPSED_WIDTH,LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_COLLAPSED_HEIGHT);
var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_CLICK_SIZE = new LeoHighlightsDimension(LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_EXPANDED_WIDTH,LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_BOTTOM_EXPANDED_HEIGHT);

var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DIV_HOVER_SIZE = new LeoHighlightsDimension(LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOTAL_COLLAPSED_WIDTH,LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOTAL_COLLAPSED_HEIGHT);
var LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_DIV_CLICK_SIZE = new LeoHighlightsDimension(LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOTAL_EXPANDED_WIDTH,LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_IFRAME_TOTAL_EXPANDED_HEIGHT);

/**
* Sets the size of the passed in element
* @param elem
* @param dim
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsSetSize(elem,dim)
{
try
{
// Set the popup location
elem.style.width = dim.width + "px";
if(elem.width)
elem.width=dim.width;
elem.style.height = dim.height + "px";
if(elem.height)
elem.height=dim.height;
}
catch(e)
{
_leoHighlightsReportExeception("_leoHighlightsSetSize()",e);
}
}

/**
* This can be used for a simple one argument callback
* @param callName
* @param argName
* @param argVal
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsSimpleGwCallBack(callName,argName, argVal)
{
try
{
var gwObj = new Gateway();
if(argName)
gwObj.addParam(argName,argVal);
gwObj.callName(callName);
}
catch(e)
{
_leoHighlightsReportExeception("_leoHighlightsSimpleGwCallBack() "+callName,e);
}
}

/**
* This gets a url argument from the current document.
* @param url
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsGetUrlArg(url, name )
{
name = name.replace(/[[]/,"\[").replace(/[]]/,"\]");
var regexS = "[\?&]"+name+"=([^&#]*)";
var regex = new RegExp( regexS );
var results = regex.exec(url);
if( results == null )
return "";
else
return results[1];
}

/**
* This allows to redirect the top window to the passed in url
* @param url
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsRedirectTop(url)
{
try
{
top.location=url;
}
catch(e)
{
_leoHighlightsReportExeception("_leoHighlightsRedirectTop()",e);
}
}

/**
* This will find an element by Id
* @param elemId
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsFindElementById(elemId,doc)
{
try
{
if(doc==null)
doc=document;

var elem=doc.getElementById(elemId);
if(elem)
return elem;

/* This is the handling for IE */
if(doc.all)
{
elem=doc.all[elemId];
if(elem)
return elem;

for ( var i = (document.all.length-1); i >= 0; i--) {
elem=doc.all[i];
if(elem.id==elemId)
return elem;
}
}
}
catch(e)
{
_leoHighlightsReportExeception("_leoHighlightsFindElementById()",e);
}
return null;
}

/**
* Get the location of one element relative to a parent reference
* @param ref
* the reference element, this must be a parent of the passed in
* element
* @param elem
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsGetLocation(ref, elem) {
_leoHighlightsDebugLog("_leoHighlightsGetLocation "+elem.id);

var count = 0;
var location = new LeoHighlightsPosition(0,0);
var walk = elem;
while (walk != null && walk != ref && count < LEO_HIGHLIGHTS_INFINITE_LOOP_COUNT) {
location.x += walk.offsetLeft;
location.y += walk.offsetTop;
walk = walk.offsetParent;
count++;
}

_leoHighlightsDebugLog("Location is: "+elem.id+" - "+location);

return location;
}

/**
* This is used to update the position of an element as a popup
* @param IFrame
* @param anchor
* @return
*/
function _leoHighlightsUpdatePopupPos(iFrame,anchor)
{
try
{
// Gets the scrolled location for x and y
var scrolledPos=new LeoHighlightsPosition(0,0);
if( self.pageYOffset ) {
scrolledPos.x = self.pageXOffset;
scrolledPos.y = self.pageYOffset;
} else if( document.documentElement && document.documentElement.scrollTop ) {
scrolledPos.x = document.documentElement.scrollLeft;
scrolledPos.y = document.documentElement.scrollTop;
} else if( document.body ) {
scrolledPos.x = document.body.scrollLeft;
scrolledPos.y = document.body.scrollTop;
}

/* Get the total dimensions to see what scroll bars might be active */
var totalDim=new LeoHighlightsDimension(0,0)
if (document.all && document.documentElement &&
document.documentElement.clientHeight&&document.documentElement.clientWidth)
{
totalDim.width = document.documentElement.scrollWidth;
totalDim.height = document.documentElement.scrollHeight;
}
else if (document.all)
{ /* This is in IE */
totalDim.width = document.body.scrollWidth;
totalDim.height = document.body.scrollHeight;
}
else
{
totalDim.width = document.width;
totalDim.height = document.height;
}

// Gets the location of the available screen space
var centerDim=new LeoHighlightsDimension(0,0);
if(self.innerWidth && self.innerHeight ) {
centerDim.width = self.innerWidth-(totalDim.height>self.innerHeight?16:0); // subtracting scroll bar offsets for firefox
centerDim.height = self.innerHeight-(totalDim.width>self.innerWidth?16:0); // subtracting scroll bar offsets for firefox
} else if( document.documentElement && document.documentElement.clientHeight ) {
centerDim.width = document.documentElement.clientWidth;
centerDim.height = document.documentElement.clientHeight;
} else if( document.body ) {
centerDim.width = document.body.clientWidth;
centerDim.height = document.body.clientHeight;
}

// Get the current dimension of the popup element
var iFrameDim=new LeoHighlightsDimension(iFrame.offsetWidth,iFrame.offsetHeight)
if (iFrameDim.width 0)
position.x = anchorPos.x + anchorDim.width;
else if (anchorScreenPos.x - anchorDim.width - iFrameDim.width > 0)
position.x = anchorPos.x - anchorDim.width;
else // default to below
position.y = anchorPos.y + anchorDim.height;
_leoHighlightsDebugLog("_leoHighlightsUpdatePopupPos() - sideBottom: "+position);
}
}

/* Make sure that we don't go passed the right hand border */
if(position.x+iFrameDim.width>centerDim.width-20)
position.x=centerDim.width-(iFrameDim.width+20);

// Make sure that we didn't go passed the start
if(position.x
RavlaM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:18 pm

The current perception is that Malacanang is run by amateurs. People are referring to the lack of experience of the Executive Secretary and of Deputy Secretary Puno, both close friends to the president. By focusing on these two officials, we are giving ourselves the illusion that the president himself is not an amateur.

But the latest controversy of the release of the fact-finding report on the hostage-taking is really compounding our misery. Malacanang wants to release it first to China. Nobody among the amateurs ever thought that they are open to criticism of surrendering our sovereign prerogatives to China. The correct approach is, of course, to release it first to the Filipino people, who is actually the sovereign entity in this land.

I am afraid it is amateur hour, right now. I hope PNoy will learn fast or get better advisers. I want him to succeed. A failing presidency for the next six years is too painful to bear.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum