» Survivor...
Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

Questions & Answers About Catholicism

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions & Answers About Catholicism

Post by Esther on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:56 pm

This thread was specifically created for people who have honest questions about Catholicism. Please keep your questions short and specific, and try not to address more than one issue at a time.

If your question requires a dialogue or extended answer, then we will open a thread to it.

Who answer this questions?

All Catholics are requested to participate and contribute.

Thanks! I hope we can all grow in our love for Christ and our understanding of his will.

Maria Clara blog a blog for gentle people : click ::::::>>> here

Esther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions & Answers About Catholicism

Post by Dhugz on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Yes Esther!!!!!
Dhugz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:17 pm

welcome Dhugz!

Esther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dhugz on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks esther!!!
Dhugz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Is anyone allowed to ask question here?
Jewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dhugz on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:34 am

Yes Jewel
Dhugz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Dhugz wrote:Yes Jewel

Okay, thanks dhugz.

Question #1

Do you consider any Christian sect outside Catholicism an alternative way of salvation, (Does a person need to be a Catholic Christian to be saved) why or why not?

Thanks.
Jewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:23 pm

count me in Esther. may I contribute my answer to the question.
Yidda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Yidda wrote:count me in Esther. may I contribute my answer to the question.

I'll be so delighted if you do sister; go ahead please
Jewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Jewel wrote:

Okay, thanks dhugz.

Question #1

Do you consider any Christian sect outside Catholicism an alternative way of salvation, (Does a person need to be a Catholic Christian to be saved) why or why not?

Thanks.

I will give my answer indirectly, To whatever extent a religion is like Catholicism, it is good. And to whatever extent a religion is contrary to Catholicism, it is evil(or wrong - I did'nt ,mean devilish). The Jewish Faith, the Orthodox Faith, the Protestant Faith, and to a much more limited extent moderate Islam and other religions, have some good, and that good is of Christ. But they also have gone substantially astray from truth on faith and morals, and to that extent they can be said to be evil(wrong).

God did not will the Protestant reformers to teach heresy, to reject the Magisterium, and to draw many persons away from the Church; all this was because of the sins of many human persons, and also because of temptation from fallen angels. On the other hand, it is certainly true that God gives grace to sinners, even if they are part of a religion other than Catholicism, or even if they are not part of any religion. So there still remains much good among other christian denomination or religion.
Yidda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel on Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Yidda wrote:

I will give my answer indirectly, To whatever extent a religion is like Catholicism, it is good. And to whatever extent a religion is contrary to Catholicism, it is evil(or wrong - I did'nt ,mean devilish). The Jewish Faith, the Orthodox Faith, the Protestant Faith, and to a much more limited extent moderate Islam and other religions, have some good, and that good is of Christ. But they also have gone substantially astray from truth on faith and morals, and to that extent they can be said to be evil(wrong).

God did not will the Protestant reformers to teach heresy, to reject the Magisterium, and to draw many persons away from the Church; all this was because of the sins of many human persons, and also because of temptation from fallen angels. On the other hand, it is certainly true that God gives grace to sinners, even if they are part of a religion other than Catholicism, or even if they are not part of any religion. So there still remains much good among other christian denomination or religion.

Thanks for your response sis!

Anyway, I noticed that your answer is a mere personal claim because it has no basis at all because you didnt mention any. Any sect or religion can make the same personal claim too, so how is it different from theirs?

Thanks.
Jewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoNiMaria123 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Sana magkaroon rin ng question and answer sa Protestant hihihihihihi.
PusoNiMaria123

View user profile http://immaculate-heart23.getforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:26 pm

PusoNiMaria123 wrote:Sana magkaroon rin ng question and answer sa Protestant hihihihihihi.

Oo nga dapat meron din dun sa kanila.

Pwede bang ayusin mo ang pagkasulat ng username mo bro, lagayan mo ng space. para kasing PUSON ni maria ang basa ko eh kasi dugtong dugtong.

Peace!
Jewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:30 pm

PusoNiMaria123 wrote:Sana magkaroon rin ng question and answer sa Protestant hihihihihihi.

welcome brother : peace and grace to you.

Last edited by Esther on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Esther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Jewel wrote:

Oo nga dapat meron din dun sa kanila.

Pwede bang ayusin mo ang pagkasulat ng username mo bro, lagayan mo ng space. para kasing PUSON ni maria ang basa ko eh kasi dugtong dugtong.

Peace!

Hi Jewel,

thank you for participating in this thread a warm welcome to you.

MIR(peace)

Esther

Esther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Esther wrote:
Hi Jewel,

thank you for participating in this thread a warm welcome to you.

MIR(peace)

Esther

Hello Esther,

I thank you for your warm welcome to me.

I invite you to participate and/or ask questions at Islam board too.

May God guide us all. Peace!

Jewel
Jewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoNiMaria123 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:41 am

Sa mga nagsusuri sa Iglesya Katolika pati sa mga myembro nito, pwede po kayong sumali dito: http://immaculate-heart.getforum.net/
PusoNiMaria123

View user profile http://immaculate-heart23.getforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:51 am

Jewel wrote:

Thanks for your response sis!

Anyway, I noticed that your answer is a mere personal claim because it has no basis at all because you didnt mention any. Any sect or religion can make the same personal claim too, so how is it different from theirs?

Thanks.

It’s catholic perspective not a mere baseless opinion , I put the truths of the Faith in my own words in a way that we can understand. If what I write goes across the yard of the teaching. Please cite at least one.

The truth is kept integral only in the Catholic Church. Grounded on the column of Apostles, the Catholic Church has spread itself to the extremities of the Earth. And the apostolic catholic Christian faith reached up our dear Philippines. This is how the construction of God was started, by work of those sent by God, by the continuers of the Apostles. The Church is the sacrament of salvation for us all, as the Lord, Jesus Christ, has given it to Peter saying: "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven".

Therefore, outside the Church, salvation is difficult. The truth is kept in its entirety only in the Catholic Church.

peace
Yidda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Are the Medjugorje apparitions and messages true divine revelations?

http://www.olrl.org/prophecy/medjugorje.shtml

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Ateo wrote:Are the Medjugorje apparitions and messages true divine revelations?

http://www.olrl.org/prophecy/medjugorje.shtml

Until the secrets begin, Medjugorje will remain largely unapproved.

Once they begin, it will become clear to all that Medjugorje is true. The false private revelations don't know the future. But the true ones do. So when the visionaries announce the secrets in advance, and then they occur, this will indicate clearly to the leaders of the Church that Medjugorje is true.

After that, approval will be a mere formality.

Esther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dhugz on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Wow English ah......... I dont know that Medjugorje Apparitions.
Dhugz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Tagalog muna.

Ang isang pinaka-controversial na mensahe ng Medjugorje ay nang sinabi ng Our Lady of Medjugorje na "all faiths are equal". Ibig bang sabihin nito na ang aming Flying Spaghetti Monster na relihiyon ay equal sa inyong Catholicism?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Yidda wrote:

It’s catholic perspective not a mere baseless opinion , I put the truths of the Faith in my own words in a way that we can understand. If what I write goes across the yard of the teaching. Please cite at least one.

The truth is kept integral only in the Catholic Church. Grounded on the column of Apostles, the Catholic Church has spread itself to the extremities of the Earth. And the apostolic catholic Christian faith reached up our dear Philippines. This is how the construction of God was started, by work of those sent by God, by the continuers of the Apostles. The Church is the sacrament of salvation for us all, as the Lord, Jesus Christ, has given it to Peter saying: "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven".

Therefore, outside the Church, salvation is difficult. The truth is kept in its entirety only in the Catholic Church.

peace

Thanks for the response again sis!

I will post my comment/s to your response, i hope you wont mind.

Yes, I understand pretty well that you were/are speaking based on Catholic perspective, and that's obvious because you are a Catholic. My point though is that your line of argument seems circular in as far as Christianity is concerned because you already have presumed that Catholicism is the only correct religion in Christianity and all the others are wrong without giving convincing and logical evidences first. Woudnt it be logical if you would give us a strong proof why Catholicism is correct and all the others are wrong?

Let's say the bible undoubtedly says that Catholicism is true while the other sects are wrong since the bible is a strong authority to refer to since all Christian denominations accept it to be the word of God.

Thanks.
Jewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Ateo wrote:Tagalog muna.

Ang isang pinaka-controversial na mensahe ng Medjugorje ay nang sinabi ng Our Lady of Medjugorje na "all faiths are equal". Ibig bang sabihin nito na ang aming Flying Spaghetti Monster na relihiyon ay equal sa inyong Catholicism?

This kind of controvery relies on taking one sentence or a few sentences out of context, and on drawing many unwarranted conclusions from only a few words. The same approach has been used to criticize the Bible.

The messages at Medjugorje are specifically Roman Catholic. They encourage people to pray the Rosary, to attend Mass and receive the Eucharist and to go to Confession. And all six visionaries are Roman Catholic. Also, many have converted to Catholicism because of Medjugorje. So it is obvious that the messages do not treat all religions as if they were equal.

In commenting on other religions, some messages may point out the truth that God loves everyone, regardless of religion, and that God is pleased by all who seek him with sincere prayer. So, there is a sense, to a limited extent, whereby all true worship of God pleases God, within any religion.

There is also a sense, to a limited extent, whereby all those who seek God with a sincere heart are pleasing to God. But it is not true that such expressions of the good found throughout humanity are intended to present Catholicism as if it was no better than any other religion.

It is not fair to take such messages out of context and exaggerate their meaning until they become false.
Yidda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Jewel wrote:

Thanks for the response again sis!

I will post my comment/s to your response, i hope you wont mind.

Yes, I understand pretty well that you were/are speaking based on Catholic perspective, and that's obvious because you are a Catholic. My point though is that your line of argument seems circular in as far as Christianity is concerned because you already have presumed that Catholicism is the only correct religion in Christianity and all the others are wrong without giving convincing and logical evidences first. Woudnt it be logical if you would give us a strong proof why Catholicism is correct and all the others are wrong?

Let's say the bible undoubtedly says that Catholicism is true while the other sects are wrong since the bible is a strong authority to refer to since all Christian denominations accept it to be the word of God.

Thanks.

I think I have answered your question with this post:

Now speaking of other sects or religion, I believe it would be a vast subject for this thread. But anyway how to recognize the One True Church use this guideline as a measure:

It was founded by Jesus Christ Himself in Mt 16:18.
*It would be built on Simon Peter, Mt 16:18.
*It would be defended by GOD Himself, Mt 16:18-19.
*It would have authority given by Jesus Christ, Mt 16:19,18:17-18.
*It would be guided by the Holy Spirit who will dwell within it, Jn 14:15-17, Act 15:28,16:6.
*It would be one and undivided, Mk 3:24-25.
*It would have one fold and one shepherd, Jn 10:16.
*It would have Priests, Bishops, and Deacons, 1Tim 3:1-13.
*It must have the Holy Eucharist celebration, Jn 6:42-70, Act 2:42.
*It must be found in all nations, Mt 28:19.
*It must be found in all centuries, Mt 28:20.
*Jesus Christ said He would be with His Church every day, in every year, until the end of the world, Mt 28:20. This means no gaps in time.

It must NOT have a human person founder.
It must have a continuous history going back over 1950 years.
Yidda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top