» Survivor...
Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

THIS FORUM IS DYING!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THIS FORUM IS DYING!!!!!!

Post by Gordon on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:26 am

This forum is dying! The religious threads have become idle and the active threads are mainly "chikahan" or non-religious in nature.

Is this what you want?

I've left the BARM forum because it has become boring. I'm thinking of leaving this forum because it is becoming irrelevant.
Gordon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS FORUM IS DYING!!!!!!

Post by Ateo on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:38 am

Don't be too harsh on the popularity of chikahan, my friend. We need to attract the whole range of people -- some who like to post in serious threads while others prefer the social threads. But even our social posters, they benefit the forum by reading and learning from the serious posts. We could not all be serious posters; some have to be part of the audience too.

An observer once wrote that human communication is a fusion of personal issues and business/substantive issues. Think of the conversation of at the water cooler in the office. People talk about their weekends or their dates and then they shift to work topics. Social topics is the lubricant in official conversation. Another example: if you visit a neighbor for important conversation, you always start and mix the conversation with less important topics.

So, if serious theological discussion is important to you, just tolerate the chikahans and start opening up some serious threads. Hopefully, others will join you there after having their fill of chikahans.

But, don't leave us, padre. We need some intellectual weight here, so that we won't become a flyweight forum like in the other side, he he he.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:38 am

Social threads are fine, but they are currently predominanting this forum. But the bi-lingualism prevalent here is also IMHO a threat to serious discusion AND to the growth of this forums membership. The tagalog used here is in the vernacular or slang and oftentime comes across as either lazy, uneducated or disrespectful in tone.

This forum does not present itself as a credible and convincing alternative to the BARM forum. And the BARM forum is bad enough with its biased moderators.

I get all the chikahan I need on facebook. There I know the people I'm talking to.

I repeat, this forum is dying as a religious forum.
Gordon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:53 am

You are a Christian. When a person is dying, you don't walk away. You pray and take care of the person. So, if the forum is dying, do the Christian thing to do. Stay.

Ahh, the fact that you opened up this thread is because you care Smile Otherwise, you could just have walked away with nobody ever noticing. So, do something. Suggest, critique, post, start a thread. And stay. Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Kuya Gordon please don't leave us. I am following your posts. You're my inspiration in the OLD and NEW barm. Or, if you can afford to make a blog I'll be your sure follower. You talked a lot of substance and I just can't afford to miss them.
MarcCatholic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 pm

Di ka naman umiiyak nyan ha Marc? Very Happy

fredms3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilometrico on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:42 pm

This Forum is Dying!

My Answer : Indeed! Bwekekekekekekekeke!

Why? Nagiging active lang ito pag-pinatatalsik sila sa original Bereans! Bwekekekekekekekekekekek!
kilometrico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Kilometrico, yan lang ba talaga alam mong sabihin? Intellectual dishonest kayo e kaso alam mo namang hindi totoo sinasabi mo.
MarcCatholic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilometrico on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:24 am

MarcCatholic wrote:Kilometrico, yan lang ba talaga alam mong sabihin? Intellectual dishonest kayo e kaso alam mo namang hindi totoo sinasabi mo.

Wala bang Awstats o HTTP log reader itong server nyo? O kahit MRTG para makita mo kung anong historical graph bwekekekekekekekekekekeke!

Moderator ka hinde mo alam ang functio ng IP logs? Tsk tsk tsk ..paturo ka sa admin! Pwede rin kitang turuan bwekekekekekekekekekekkeke! PM mo lang ako!
kilometrico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:29 am

LOL. Sinubukan ko lang maging mod at kahapon lang yon. Hindi naman talaga ako maalam sa mga technicalities kaya nga nagtatanong ako e. Malamang meron yan kaso hindi ko lang alam. Alam ko naman talaga na wala nang nagpopost dito. Ngayon na nga lang ako ulit nakabalik e.
MarcCatholic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilometrico on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 am

MarcCatholic wrote:LOL. Sinubukan ko lang maging mod at kahapon lang yon. Hindi naman talaga ako maalam sa mga technicalities kaya nga nagtatanong ako e. Malamang meron yan kaso hindi ko lang alam. Alam ko naman talaga na wala nang nagpopost dito. Ngayon na nga lang ako ulit nakabalik e.

Bwekekekekekekekeke! Edi inamin mo rin na totoo na dying na itong forum nyo! Bwekekekekekekekeke! Sino ngayon ang intellectual dishonest?

Huli ka balbon!
kilometrico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RavlaM on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:32 am

kilometrico wrote:

Wala bang Awstats o HTTP log reader itong server nyo? O kahit MRTG para makita mo kung anong historical graph bwekekekekekekekekekekeke!

Moderator ka hinde mo alam ang functio ng IP logs? Tsk tsk tsk ..paturo ka sa admin! Pwede rin kitang turuan bwekekekekekekekekekekkeke! PM mo lang ako!

Please do not abuse the hospitality of this forum site.
RavlaM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilometrico on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:34 am

RavlaM wrote:

Please do not abuse the hospitality of this forum site.

Out of topic ka Mr. Moderator ..ayan ha wala ng wanna-be! Bwekekekekekekekeke!
kilometrico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:34 am

Ano ba tinutukoy mo? Anong huli ka balbon? Ang sinasabi kong intellectual dishonest kayo ay ang pagsabi mong mga napatalsik ng kabilang BARM ang mga members dito. Syempre hindi totoo yon at halimbawa na ako doon. At dati pa po na topic yan sino bang hindi makakapag-isip sa amin na talagang dying ito. Kaya nga may nagpopost ulit e. Ako kahit saan lang naman ako wala akong pinapanigan. Hindi ko rin ito forum.
MarcCatholic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilometrico on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:36 am

MarcCatholic wrote:Ano ba tinutukoy mo? Anong huli ka balbon? Ang sinasabi kong intellectual dishonest kayo ay ang pagsabi mong mga napatalsik ng kabilang BARM ang mga members dito. Syempre hindi totoo yon at halimbawa na ako doon. At dati pa po na topic yan sino bang hindi makakapag-isip sa amin na talagang dying ito. Kaya nga may nagpopost ulit e. Ako kahit saan lang naman ako wala akong pinapanigan. Hindi ko rin ito forum.

Kaya nga ang sabi ko matuto kang mag review ng HTTP logs at MRTG at doon mo makikita na nag spike ang usage ng website na ito nung mag ban ng pakyawan yung moderator sa original na Bereans! Bwekekekekekekekeke!
kilometrico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:36 am

Just a reminder btw, if you still continue abusing the hospitality of the people here like what you did to the other site, I'll surely give you a lesson dude.
MarcCatholic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilometrico on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:40 am

MarcCatholic wrote:Hindi ko rin ito forum.

deleted post...

Last edited by harballah on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : please avoid offensive statement...)
kilometrico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:40 am

kilometrico wrote:

Kaya nga ang sabi ko matuto kang mag review ng HTTP logs at MRTG at doon mo makikita na nag spike ang usage ng website na ito nung mag ban ng pakyawan yung moderator sa original na Bereans! Bwekekekekekekekeke!

Actually one of the reasons na nandito din kami ay dahil sa hindi tamang pamamalakad ng kabilang BARM. At, madalas down server sa kabila kaya napunta kami dito. Ako personally walang bahid malisya ang pagpunta ko dito. Naging member lang talaga ako kasi nandito din mga kakilala ko e.
MarcCatholic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:42 am

kilometrico wrote:

Moderator ka pa naman dito ganito mo kinahihiya ang bahay na nagtiwala sa iyo? Bwekekekekekekeke!

Dahil ba nilalangaw itong site (ayon sa isang poster) kinahihiya mo na rin itong forum site? Tsk tsk tsk! Ketolik ka pa naman! Bigla ko tuloy naalala si Pilato ng maghugas siya ng kamay! bwekekekekekekekekeke!

I don't know how far did you understand my post. Sabi ko hindi ko ito forum in a sense na hindi ko ito pag-mamay-ari.
MarcCatholic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilometrico on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:51 am

MarcCatholic wrote:

Actually one of the reasons na nandito din kami ay dahil sa hindi tamang pamamalakad ng kabilang BARM. At, madalas down server sa kabila kaya napunta kami dito. Ako personally walang bahid malisya ang pagpunta ko dito. Naging member lang talaga ako kasi nandito din mga kakilala ko e.

Deleted post............
kilometrico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilometrico on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:52 am

MarcCatholic wrote:

I don't know how far did you understand my post. Sabi ko hindi ko ito forum in a sense na hindi ko ito pag-mamay-ari.

Yeah right! Mahirap ng matanggalan ng moderator powers bwekekekekekekekeke!
kilometrico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kilometrico on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:55 am

kilometrico wrote:

deleted post...

Bwekekekekeke! Tama yan Harby ipakita mo ang kapangyarihan mo! Bwekekekekeke!
kilometrico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by harballah on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:58 am

kilometrico wrote:

Bwekekekekeke! Tama yan Harby ipakita mo ang kapangyarihan mo! Bwekekekekeke!

Pakiusap lang po huwag sana ninyong dalhin ang pag-uugali ninyo doon sa kabilang forum papunta dito, kasi hindi ako magsasawang i-delete ang mga post mo.

Thanks and peace!

click me
harballah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XIII on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:03 am

@Marc, Harb, etc

Just ignore him people and be the better person. There's always something to be said about retaining the moral high ground.

Btw, round my parts, we call these people 'trolls', which is internet speak for people who get off from provoking other people. If you get provoked, it's only your loss. What's the best counter to trolls, you ask?

Ignore them.
XIII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by harballah on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:09 am

XIII wrote:@Marc, Harb, etc

Just ignore him people and be the better person. There's always something to be said about retaining the moral high ground.

Btw, round my parts, we call these people 'trolls', which is internet speak for people who get off from provoking other people. If you get provoked, it's only your loss. What's the best counter to trolls, you ask?

Ignore them.

thanks for your advice and this is what I am doing now (ignored him) but as a global moderator of this forum, i done my part to deleted his offensive statement to other users.

Peace!

Last edited by harballah on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

click me
harballah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top