New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
Philippine Standard Time
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

 

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

 


The Father is greater.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 am

*** Rbi8 John 14:28 ***

YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:09 am

(John 20:17) Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.’”


Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Yidda on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:41 am

Do you address this question to the member of Jehovah's Witness?
avatar
Yidda
.
.

Posts : 334
Join date : 2010-07-16
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Yidda wrote:Do you address this question to the member of Jehovah's Witness?

Do you agree with the verses I quoted? And how do you understand them?

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Yidda wrote:Do you address this question to the member of Jehovah's Witness?

Do you agree with the verses quoted? And how do you understand them?

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Yidda on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Michael Servetus wrote:

Do you agree with the verses quoted? And how do you understand them?

This is JW board and I don't mess with someone's faith without permission, I think it is fitting and proper that the JW member share their view on your thread and I will listen.

If this question was address to us Catholic,we have the Question and Answer thread(RCC), I will be more than glad to share my insight on your question.

thnx
avatar
Yidda
.
.

Posts : 334
Join date : 2010-07-16
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Yidda wrote:

This is JW board and I don't mess with someone's faith without permission, I think it is fitting and proper that the JW member share their view on your thread and I will listen.

If this question was address to us Catholic,we have the Question and Answer thread(RCC), I will be more than glad to share my insight on your question.

thnx

You are welcome here. The fact that you posted and asked questions on this thread means you are interested in sharing your beliefs with us christians.

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Yidda on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:46 pm

The Father is greater than the Son, in His Divine Role, as a result of
the Procession of the Son from the Father. The Father is First in
procession and the Son is Second in procession. -- procession is like being sent forth.
avatar
Yidda
.
.

Posts : 334
Join date : 2010-07-16
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Yidda wrote:The Father is greater than the Son, in His Divine Role, as a result of
the Procession of the Son from the Father. The Father is First in
procession and the Son is Second in procession. -- procession is like being sent forth.


And what is your Biblical basis for this explaination?

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Yidda on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Michael Servetus wrote:


And what is your Biblical basis for this explaination?

A Trinitarian theology which is explicit in the Bible.
avatar
Yidda
.
.

Posts : 334
Join date : 2010-07-16
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Yidda wrote:

A Trinitarian theology which is explicit in the Bible.

Using the Bible, can you prove to me Trinity?

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Yidda on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Michael Servetus wrote:

Using the Bible, can you prove to me Trinity?

Yes it is scriptural. click the link below for the outline. It could be too long for this post and/copyrighted if I would paste it.

http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/bowmanonthetrinity.htm

Would you like me to define for you the meaning of the revelation of the Most Holy Trinity---the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit , in none theological explanation?
avatar
Yidda
.
.

Posts : 334
Join date : 2010-07-16
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Yidda wrote:

Yes it is scriptural. click the link below for the outline. It could be too long for this post and/copyrighted if I would paste it.

http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/bowmanonthetrinity.htm

Would you like me to define for you the meaning of the revelation of the Most Holy Trinity---the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit , in none theological explanation?

I would like to hear it from you, your Biblical explanation, and not from outside source.

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Esther on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:10 pm

click the link on the outline of the Trinity. it will be a vast pages if you two post it here.

Can I know the reason why you do not want Yidda to explain the Trinity?

_________________
{Esther 8:2} ...and she humbled her body with fasting, and all the aspects of her beauty, she covered with her torn hair.

Maria Clara blog a blog for gentle people : click ::::::>>> here

avatar
Esther
..
..

Posts : 514
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 29
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Esther wrote:click the link on the outline of the Trinity. it will be a vast pages if you two post it here.

Can I know the reason why you do not want Yidda to explain the Trinity?

I did not say that, I said she has to explain herself, if you want you can do the same. Can you explain it for me?

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Esther on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Michael Servetus wrote:

I did not say that, I said she has to explain herself, if you want you can do the same. Can you explain it for me?

Those Trinity outline are scriptural. Isn't it you only want to see what's in the scripture?

_________________
{Esther 8:2} ...and she humbled her body with fasting, and all the aspects of her beauty, she covered with her torn hair.

Maria Clara blog a blog for gentle people : click ::::::>>> here

avatar
Esther
..
..

Posts : 514
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 29
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Esther wrote:

Those Trinity outline are scriptural. Isn't it you only want to see what's in the scripture?

Can you explain on your own? This is a forum. Communication is a two way traffic. I'll be waiting.

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Esther on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:41 pm

God is One Divine Eternal Act.

In God, being and doing are the same. Everything that God is, and everything that God does, is one and the same Act. In God, existence is the same as Love, is the same as Mercy, is the same as Justice, is the same as Knowledge, is the same as anything that God does, is the same as
that God is. God is One.

The act of procession is One in God. The procession of the Son from the Father is one with the procession of the Spirit from the Father and the Son. Even the distinctions between the Father, Son, and Spirit are just as much the One Act as Existence, Love, Knowledge, and every other quality or deed of God.

Yet these distinctions are truth, not illusion. Just as we can rightly consider God's existence, and then consider His Mercy, as distinct qualities of God, so also can we consider the Three Persons as truly
distinct. Yet it is also true that all is one in God.

God is One Divine Eternal Act.


Now it's my turn :

God is... ? in your own words please.

_________________
{Esther 8:2} ...and she humbled her body with fasting, and all the aspects of her beauty, she covered with her torn hair.

Maria Clara blog a blog for gentle people : click ::::::>>> here

avatar
Esther
..
..

Posts : 514
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 29
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Michael Servetus on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Esther wrote:God is One Divine Eternal Act.

In God, being and doing are the same. Everything that God is, and everything that God does, is one and the same Act. In God, existence is the same as Love, is the same as Mercy, is the same as Justice, is the same as Knowledge, is the same as anything that God does, is the same as
that God is. God is One.

The act of procession is One in God. The procession of the Son from the Father is one with the procession of the Spirit from the Father and the Son. Even the distinctions between the Father, Son, and Spirit are just as much the One Act as Existence, Love, Knowledge, and every other quality or deed of God.

Yet these distinctions are truth, not illusion. Just as we can rightly consider God's existence, and then consider His Mercy, as distinct qualities of God, so also can we consider the Three Persons as truly
distinct. Yet it is also true that all is one in God.

God is One Divine Eternal Act.


Now it's my turn :

God is... ? in your own words please.

You did not use a single verse in the Bible to prove your Trinity, remember the Bible is our standard.

Michael Servetus
.
.

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-07-20

View user profile http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Father is greater.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum